Ok, after my last post maybe you’ve decided you’d like the benefits of drinking apple cider vinegar but just can’t stand the smell or taste. Lemon water to the rescue!!!
If you type in drinking warm lemon water into google you will be amazed by the amount of articles and information out there about this concept. I didn’t make it up and I’m definitely not the only one raving about it’s benefits. For instance, check out what the Wellness Mama has to say about it here.
(photo by: wellnessmama.com)
- aids with digestion → leads to greater nutrient absorption and increased energy
- stimulates the liver → speeds up the elimination of toxins
- boosts the immune system → due to the Vitamin C quantity in lemons
- drink first thing in the morning when you wake up before eating anything
- wait 10-15 minutes after drinking lemon water to eat to let it work it’s magic
- make sure the water temperature is warm not hot to avoid killing natural enzymes
- use a straw to protect your teeth and avoid enamel erosion
- add cayenne pepper to mixture to boost metabolism
It’s always important to keep our bodies hydrated. With this trick you can begin hydrating immediately upon waking after you have been without water or food for 8-12 hours, assuming you gave your body the rest it needed the night before. You may even find, if you’re trying to cut back on caffeine, that this drink can help reduce that amount. It will leave you refreshed and feeling lighter due to it’s detoxifying effects. Not only does it flush out toxins from your body but it also helps to balance your pH levels so your risk of disease is kept low. Who doesn’t want that?
How to drink it?
There are different ways to prepare it. I normally take a 12 oz mason jar and fill it with water then microwave it for 1 minute and 15 seconds to reach a warm temperature point. I pre-squeeze a bunch of lemons each week; so, after I heat the water I add 1-2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon into my water. I grab my glass straw and enjoy! For me, the cayenne is too much. I don’t like spicy foods so I choose not to include that and believe me…it still has detoxifying benefits without it. TMI? Nahhh…never when it comes to your health.